Monday, August 03, 2009

a tentative foot back into the water...



Well, I've been away from ECEU for a little over three months now, and I'm seriously toying with the notion of jumping back in. I think I was able to get enough distance from the site over these past few months to realize that, hassles aside, it was something I did genuinely enjoy doing most of the time, and, while I have no doubts the site can't run forever, I do think I pulled the plug rather hastily on something that had been a labor of love for nearly four years, for misguided reasons and frustrations. I don't regret the time away, it was entirely worth it for many, many reasons, but I think I'm almost ready to be able to come back to it again, with fresh eyes and ears.

Unfortunately, I deleted all the posts when I shut things down back in April, so the site as it was previously won't be back if I come back - but at the same time, perhaps that will give me the chance to start anew?

Anyway, while I grapple with this for a week or so - fully aware that I lost the vast majority of my readers many moons ago (google analytics don't lie!), as declaring your site over and done does often tend to cut down one's readership - I thought I'd let you know, a little over halfway through this year, the five records I've been listening to the most (so far) in 2009:


Hold Time - M. Ward ( video: "One Hundred Million Years", live at SXSW 2009 )
Veckatimest - Grizzly Bear ( mp3: "While You Wait for the Others" )
Upper Air - Bowerbirds ( mp3: "Northern Lights" )
Wilco (the album) - Wilco ( video: "You and I" w/ Feist, live on Letterman)
Vacilando Territory Blues - J. Tillman ( mp3: "James Blues" )


And, since you can't ever really take the Elliott Smith out of ECEU, I'll make a final decision on whether or not to re-open ECEU for business on August 6th (Thursday), which would have been Elliott's 40th (!!) birthday.

11 Comments:

Anonymous mk said...

I'm sure I'm not the only one who left you in the google reader. I'm sure the readers will come back if you do...

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Kelly said...

It's good to see you back. I smiled when I saw ECEU bolded in my google reader!

7:18 PM  
Blogger bd said...

ditto to the above posts. overjoyed to see this blog pop back up in reader.
also i'm a big fan of wilco (love the new album) and just bought hold time as well.

40 year old elliott says to come back!!

10:05 PM  
Blogger gotafli said...

Fantastic. Welcome back! Right the hell on.

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please come back! I randomly check your blog every couple weeks just in case you decide to post something and I was super excited to read this. Come back. Please. I swear I'm not a creepy stalker, I just depend on your knowledge of music that I will eventually grow to love.

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Cerita Dewasa said...

Nice post sir, i like it.. cerita dewasa

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Cerita Seks said...

CERITA SEKS

3:56 AM  
Anonymous Usmle Step 1 said...

I have purchased Usmle Step 1 from http://www.usmleworldwide.com and i am pretty much satisfied from their prices and service. On the top of all, after sale service is unprecedented. So if someone is looking to purchase used books for usmle exam preparation then I would suggest them to check this website.

12:25 AM  
Blogger 三重古天樂 said...

酒店經紀 酒店打工 酒店工作 酒店上班 酒店兼差 酒店兼職 打工兼差 打工兼職 台北酒店 酒店應徵 禮服店 酒店 經紀 打工 兼差便服店 台北酒店經紀 酒店薪水 酒店工作內容 酒店時間 酒店經濟 美式餐廳 台北咖啡廳 永康街咖啡廳

酒店經紀 酒店小姐 酒店經紀公司
台北酒店工作 台北酒店經紀人 酒店兼差 台北酒店上班 酒店打工 酒店工作內容 酒店pt 台北酒店 便服店 禮服店 酒店 酒店工作 酒店上班時間 酒店上班薪水 酒店上班內容 現領 當日領
打工兼職 打工兼差 酒店營業時間
酒店經濟 酒店面試
酒店兼職 酒店公關 酒店上班2015/08/27

3:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

許多人說「辛苦一陣子,也不要辛苦一輩子」但八大行業相較於其他工作,會有不同的壓力。
首先妳要有EQ(情緒管理)。
因為每天面對各種不同的客人,酒店工作有的是工作壓力來發洩的,有的是來吃公關豆腐的,有的是被女友分手來轉嫁情緒的奧客,當然也會遇到狂發小費的好客人。
可是妳正在工作,即使遇到言語上的委屈妳只能選擇承擔,遇到什麼不堪的言語或者侮辱妳也得忍受,因為你在工作!若沒有情緒控制力的話,妳會非常累。
殘酷的現實是,在酒店工作妳就是商品!消費者不會找一個沒什麼功能的商品來浪費自己的錢。
如果妳什麼都不會,只想當花瓶,那妳也得是一個很好看的花瓶!
如果妳什麼都沒有那就別去了,因為妳賺不到錢。然而酒店收入是其他工作的好幾倍,這之間的得失要入行前先考慮清楚。
去酒店工作是否沒有尊嚴的酒店經紀看法見仁見智。因為每個人的困境都不同,只有自己能幫自己的情況下,到酒店也是靠工作來渡過人生難關。
當然會有他人異樣的眼光,因為社會道德對特種營業工作者的定義很狹隘。
若妳想比平常人賺更多的錢,那酒店是一個管道,而收入的多寡取決於妳的決心和態度。
5.應徵前的條件準備(如外表、酒量)
除了閃酒外(我們其他篇幅會酒店兼職說明),多少訓練基本的酒量。因為不管妳是上正常班還是part time的,客人來找妳多少會喝酒。妳不喝,客人有些感覺會不好,感覺不好妳就賺不到錢。而且妳酒

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

罕見奇景曝光!駱駝踏雪奔走 撒哈拉沙漠下雪了

炎熱的撒哈拉沙漠竟然下雪了。(圖/翻攝自Karim Bouchetata推特)
撒哈拉沙漠近日發生氣候異常的現象,一小鎮氣溫低至零下,而天空竟然降起靄靄大雪,覆蓋了撒哈拉沙漠大部分區域,駱駝走在白雪之上,形成十分難得一件的奇景。

駱駝搭配雪景,看起來非常奇特。(圖/翻攝自YouTube)
根據《每日郵報》報導指出,撒哈拉沙漠阿爾及利亞艾因塞弗拉小鎮(Ain Sefra)13日氣溫降至零下3度,而天空中竟然也順勢飄起雪花,棕黃色的沙漠被鋪上一層白色的飛雪,酒店工作
雖然不影響當地民眾的日常生活,但為處在赤道的撒哈拉沙漠竟然下起雪來,也是難得一見的奇景。
當時,攝影師布謝塔塔(Karim Bouchetata)就拿起攝影機,拍下這難得的畫面。而沙漠雖然都給人炎熱的感覺,但其實並非沒有降雪的前例,自1980年以來,該地區已經有3次的降雪紀錄,上一次降雪是2018年1月,當地小鎮被記錄到有40公分的積雪。

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home